Monday, June 6, 2016

"Where have you been?"

Three words:  Had a baby.

The good news:  I have lots to talk about!

The bad news:  I have more to talk about.

Well, I already knew quite a lot about bees. Now I can confidently say I know lots more about birds and bees. I took a lengthy break from several of my hobbies:  the garden wasn't so fruitful, the yeast died, and the bees, well they did fine for a while but we will get into that later.

To give you an idea of some upcoming posts, here are a list of topics I now feel comfortable sharing:

  • home birth
  • sustainable baby-care practices
  • breastfeeding struggles
  • postpartum depression
  • colony collapse/disappearing bees
  • food budgets
  • herbal healing
  • gardening techniques
I like to stay on topic, and my purpose here is to mainly discuss methods for living a slightly more sustainable life. However, I must say that actually living is a huge part of living sustainably. I feel that the last few years have been very significant regarding the ability of a full time working family to make changes for the better. Life happens. Sometimes it really happens. I want to be realistic with the world and not pretend like my life is full of flowers in my hair, a fully organic diet, zero waste living, and getting everything I need from my backyard. Yes, that would be awesome. But seriously, I don't think that this is attainable for me, nor many families in a similar situation. Maybe one day it will be possible. AT LEAST WE'RE TRYING! And so are many others. Discouragement is not my purpose, just reality checking and continuing on the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment