Saturday, July 23, 2016

Summer is Getting a Bit Spicy

This summer is "hot, hot, hot," as my husband would say. I read yesterday about the "heat dome" that is covering central and southern United States. As a result, I haven't had much to harvest. Severe storms have knocked over the corn, the heat has rendered the tomato plants infertile, and it is just way to hot to get outside and do regular maintenance.

After my decent green bean harvest, there hasn't been much coming from the garden. Even the herbs are looking pretty tired. I let some go to seed and others I've been pinching back to keep going. I will share some herb tips later this year.

For now, I want to know your favorite recipe for jalapenos. I harvested these four this morning and am undecided as to what to do with them. I would love your input!

No comments:

Post a Comment